This is an excellent training program for occupations in; law enforcement, lifeguards, firefighters, and other public safety personnel bridging the gap between the Basic First Aid provider and Professional Emergency Medical Services. Course meets Health and Safety Code, Title 22 requirements and is SSV-EMSA approved for emergency response.
This is an advanced first aid course consisting of 21 hours of coursework with topics including:
- emergency response;
- scene and patient assessment;
- emergency moves and recovery position;
- emergency communication and multiple-rescuer response;
- pro-rescuer CPR/AED; (not certification in this topic)
- bleeding control;
- shock management;
- wound care;
- sudden illnesses and medical emergencies including breathing difficulty, diabetic emergencies, fainting, heart attack, seizures, and stroke;
- musculoskeletal injury care and spinal motion restriction;
- pregnancy and emergency childbirth;
- care for poisoning and drug abuse;
- environmental emergencies;
- animal bites and stings;
- terrorist/active-shooter/CBRN incident and natural disaster response;
This is a Public Safety First Aid course as described in the California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 9, Chapter 1.5.
21 Hour Course
- Day One: Tuesday October 25th 2pm-6pm
- Day Two: Thursday October 27th 2pm-6pm
- Day Three: Wednesday November 2nd 2pm-6pm
- Day Four: Sunday November 6th 9am-6pm
(You must attend all class days to successfully complete this course)
Course Fee: $290.00 Textbook NOT included…. We have some textbooks for class use but must be returned.
We will be using textbook:
Emergency Responder – Advanced First Aid by Bradybooks.com
ISBN 13: 9780131712140 (978-0-13-171214-0)
ISBN: 0131712144 (0-13-171214-4)
Amazon has these texts to rent, buy, or digital.
Tuesday, October 25th, 2022
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm