Date(s) - Tuesday, February 15th, 2022
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Lifeline Training Center
Who should take this course?
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g. OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
What does the course teach?
The AHA’s Heartsaver First Aid Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care and the 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Update for First Aid. This course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
Heartsaver First Aid Online is the eLearning portion of the Heartsaver First Aid blended learning course, designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for first aid training.
Upon successful completion of both the online and hands-on portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver First Aid course completion card, valid for two years.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Complete the online class using the link above, then bring your completion cert to the Skills Session!!
Skills Session: $30.00 Course Length: 1 hours Certificate: 2 years
BookingsAvailable Space In Class: 12
Current Enrollment: 0