Date(s) - Sunday, January 26th, 2020
8:00 am - 11:00 am
Lifeline Training Center
Who should take this course?
The First Aid Only course is intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g. OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. (Not for Licensed Childcare Providers)
What does the course teach?
The First Aid Course has been updated to reflect new science in Emergency First Aid. This course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Upon successful completion the student will receive a First Aid course completion card, valid for two years.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Course Length: $50.00 Course Length: 3 hours Certificate: 2 years
User AccountA user account will be created if you book a class. After your initial booking, please check your email for your username and password. If you already have a log-in and your on a mobile device, turn your device horizontal to see the log-in area.
BookingsAvailable Space In Class: 4
Current Enrollment: 2
Bookings are now Closed for this class. Walk- ins are welcome, just not guaranteed placement in class if we are full.